Monday, September 1, 2008

Praties

In the heart of Mowbray you will find Praties, the ideal potato meal. As it's name suggests, this shop serves potato fast food. I'm not sure if we have this in Singapore, except for at delifrance? I'm not really sure.


Anyway they have about 10-15 (cant rem e exact number) different types of potato topping to choose from, in three different sizes. If you don't have a big appetite, don't be big eyes like me. I thought the portions looked small so my friends and I ordered 2 large potatoes and one small serving of nachos. The 3 of us couldn't finish it and had to ta bao (take away). Haha.


This dish above is the rajahs curry potatoes. Was slightly spicy, but tasted more like japanese curry rather than an indian curry. But the taste was still good. My mind's abit fuzzy but I believe the curry contained carrots, potatoes and beef. Lots of filling as you can see from the picture.

The nachos were good too, was served with something like a bolognaise sauce and topped with melted cheese and sour cream. Really sinful man! I wonder if the nachos were like those bought in super markets or home made, but I reckon it's like those in super markets. But still very yummy!

Well, this is probably healthier than regular fast food, but I just wonder how much healthier. The food is good and so are the milkshakes! Thick and creamy, reminds me of macdonalds milkshakes back home when I was young. The ones they serve now are horribly disappointing! Expect to pay something anywhere from 7-12 dollars for a meal, depending on the size of potato and if you order drinks or not.

No comments: