Sunday, September 14, 2008

Apple Crumble Pie

It's been a long time since I last posted an entry, realised my blog is collecting dust! My bad cause after finishing all my assignments I took a well deserved break. Well, it was a good thing too because I was cooking more and actually fine tuned this apple crumble recipe which I've been wanting to post. I also took the opportunity to make kimchi! I will post the recipe next time though. By chance I think I have made my crumble more delicious, more like those you see at cafes. Not sure if I was lucky or something, I actually just went by agaration (estimation) for the crumble bit.

Apple Crumble Pie

Filling
8 Apples, skinned and sliced thinly
1/2 cup raw (brown) sugar
3 tbsp of flour
cinnamon (up to you)

Crumble
1/2 block Butter, melted
2 cup (approx.) Flour
1/3 cup (approx.) Raw (brown) sugar
cinnamon


1. Skin all your apples, remove the seeds and slice thinly.
2. Mix apples in a bowl with the flour, sugar and cinnamon
3. Lay the mixture on your baking tray or dish, spreading it out evenly.
4. Mix melted butter with flour and sugar. I roughly used about 1/3 a cup of sugar and about 1 cup of flour I think. Basically when you mix the ingredients together it should not be too wet, and should start to get sort of clumpy and crumbly. You can add more flour to the mix if you think it is still too wet.
5. Pour crumble mixture over apples, making sure it is evenly distributed
6. Pre-heat oven to 190 degree
7. Bake for roughly 35-40 minutes


And viola! Yummy apple crumble that is best served with a scoop of ice cream! I used my handphone camera to take the picture so it's not so clear, my apologies for that. But the end result is certainly very very yummy, of my 3 attempts I've tried here in Australia, everyone said this is the best. =) Finished in an instant!

No comments: