Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thai Express Launceston

Long time since I blogged about something I ate. Anyway this is long overdue, I just never got around to blogging about it. There is a food court in Launceston called Food Hall along Brisbane Street and there's this stall called Thai Express. I doubt it has any affiliation to the Thai Express in Singapore though. Ate there quite a few times but after awhile I always seem to eat the same dish. Maybe because I'm a poor student and it's the cheapest one on the menu, but it also tastes good.

It's just called Thai soup noodles and you have a choice of chicken meat or fish balls. It's served in a clear broth with bean sprouts and pad thai noodles. The noodles are soft and slippery and you just slurp it up with the soup and meat. Great for a cold day! After adding the chilli flakes the soup becomes spicy yet some what salty. Not sure if it's MSG or something that makes it taste good but I just drink up all the soup anyway! Haha.

It's best when you add the chilli flakes to it to make it really spicy. Shiokness! Asian food is kinda hard to come back in Launceston so this is one of the kinds of comfort food for me. And at a steal of just AUD$6. I've never eaten something like this before back in Singapore or Thailand for that matter, so I'm not sure how it stacks up to food back home but I think this dish is still decent for Asian food in Launceston.

No comments: