Monday, December 29, 2008

Lord of the fries

And now I present to you.... the lord of the fries! As it's name states, the fries can be considered the King. Lord of the fries is basically a fast food take out shop that serves fries! They do have some burgers and hot dogs as well but I think the main highlight is still the fries. There are two sizes for the fries, either in the cone (smaller) or box (bigger) and you have a variety of sauces to choose from to add on your fries. Of course you gotta pay for the sauce though. If I'm not wrong they have normal sauces and premium sauces so there's a slight price difference. In November when I was in Melbourne they even created a special sauce of the month called Obama sauce to celebration his victory. Haha they're pretty creative but too bad I didn't get to try that sauce.

Anyway the magic of these fries are that they are only cooked once you've ordered them, so they come out fresh and hot! They are also the thick cut kind of fries unlike the thin skinny things you get a macdonalds and burger king (hungry jacks in Australia) so there's a lot more potato inside. Caution when eating cause it can burn your tongue. The sauces they serve are also yummy and there were so many different types that I didn't have time to try all of them. Maybe when I visit Melbourne again I will? Pretty fattening though! The sauce above in the picture is a Vietnamese sauce or something which is supposed to be sweet chilli mixed with mayo and something (which I can't remember what). Sorry I think my memory is failing me!

I'm not sure how many outlets they have in Melbourne and whether it's available in other parts of Australia but you can find one stall at the corner of Elizabeth and Flinders street next to the doughnut shop and another just outside Flinders station.

No comments: