Saturday, August 2, 2008

pan fried potatoes

This is a dish I adapted from the restaurant I used to work at. I cant get it to taste exactly the same but I think it's another simple easy to cook dish.

Ingredients needed:
Potatoes, thinly sliced ( I normally soak them in water for a while but you don't have to )
onions, sliced
butter
crushed black pepper
chicken stock powder
sugar
dark soy sauce

1. Boil the potatoes in water for a couple of minutes to cook them a little. You can also put them in the microwave for like 3 minutes or so with some water. Sometimes I omit this step if I'm lazy, the potatoes will just have a harder texture.

2. Heat pan and add butter. Once melted add the onions and fry til they become translucent.

3. Add in your potatoes and continue to fry. Add in a bit of sugar, chicken stock powder (or liquid), dark soy sauce and crushed black pepper to taste.


Well that's all there is to it! It's also great for snacking. Enjoy!

No comments: